We are seeking a reliable, conscientious & self-motivated person to join our steel processing team.
This role is primarily responsible for preparing customer orders of steel & other metals. This involves moving/handling lengths & sheets of metal, cutting to size & bundling. Loading outgoing customer orders & ensuring the correct items are supplied as stated on a picking list.
Other tasks include re-stocking the steel racks using the overhead crane and keeping things in order and clean & tidy. The applicant will be mainly operating various metal cutting saws including cold cutting saws, aluminium saw, bandsaws also with training overhead cranes and forklifts.
With previous experience or further training other processing such as cropping, punching, guillotining, oxy cutting, etc. may also be included.
This is a full time Monday to Friday role
- Must be fit (Lifting & manual handling required)
- Settled & looking for long term employment
- Customer Service / People Skills
- Able to fit into a team with good communication skills
- Abide by Breakwater Metaland’s OH&S Standards and drug/alcohol policy
- Demonstratable measuring abilities
- Forklift Licence
- Steel Trade Experience
- Overhead Crane and Steel Handling Experience
- Mechanically Minded
- Heavy rigid truck licence and/or crane truck experience
This is a job that requires a person who takes pride in their work, concentrates, checks and does not like making mistakes. Generally a person who has a trade background or makes things for themselves in steel, timber etc. who knows and understands the importance of cutting a material list accurately to size with the correct quantities and from the right materials.
This is a job that suits a conscientious person who wants to learn and become a valuable member of our team.Apply Now